Wanderings

Not all those who wander are lost -Lord of the Rings

Thursday, May 17, 2007

I may have R.R.S.!

The other day I was talking to someone who was saying how people like to stick with the relationships that they've worked hard to establish; they like to stay in places where they are known. I realized that while that sounded true to me, it certainly has not been the story of my life.

I think it's because I've caught a bad case of R.R.S. (regular re-structuring syndrome). Symptoms include constant change of address, switches jobs often, sifting and sorting through belongings frequently, feeling the lure of new relationships/community, being anxious about the inevitable lonely spaces, lots of phone calls to faraway places to keep in touch with the meaningful relationships from past "homes", periods of stability and rootedness with sudden relapses.... In short, you move a lot.

So yep, you guessed it, I've had a relapse. I'm moving next month- to Columbus, Ohio where the handsome suitor lives. I'm going to rent a room from our mutual friends (the matchmakers who got us together) and go job hunting. I do wonder if the handsome suitor will serve as a cure for my chronic R.R.S. Or what if it's contagious and I give it to him?

3 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Angie,
Congratulations!!!! Good News all around! Anyways just wanted to say hi and congrats

 
At 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Angie! This is the first I've seen a glimpse of Handsome Suitor. It's also the first I've read your blog. So glad to have found you!

I enjoyed your post on RSS. You have such a candid way of writing about such things as if it's totally normal. Quite unlike you, when your uncle's wife suggested to me that our many moves were "hilarious", I dissolved into painful sobbing tears, (all kept in check of course) Instead I smiled a fake smile and stuffed my hurt and anger inside and carried it around for a while until one day, I decided to give it up. Your response to RSS was refreshing to read.

I also enjoyed your post on Shawn catching your mice while you and Emily did high heel kicks. Now that was hilarious for sure. I had to chuckle at the mere thought of high heel kicks on top of kitchen chairs. Or at least that's where I thought you were standing. ha :):)

I was rather amazed at how much Handsom Suitor looks like Shawn. Has anyone said that before? I look forward to checking in with you more often. My xanga site is www.xanga.com/minniesenora.

 
At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Angie! We're happy for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home