Wanderings

Not all those who wander are lost -Lord of the Rings

Thursday, January 18, 2007

If you spent a day in first grade...

This week the lifeskill we are focusing on is sense of humor. My students are implementing this lifeskill very well as they have made me smile several times this week. Here are a couple of the lastest:

- On Monday I asked my students if anyone knew who Martin Luther King was. One student replied, "Oh! I know him. He was a president." Another student chimed in, "Yeah, he was our first black president." Still another, "Right, he got shot when he was watching a play in the movie theatre."
- During journals, one of my most easily-distressed students kept lamenting, "I'm just all out of ideals. I'm just all out of ideals."
- After a rather loud, chaotic re-entry to the classroom after recess, one student muses in very serious tones, "Miss Miller, what do you think happened to that quiet class from yesterday?"
-I hadn't had much time to buy groceries so one day I was eating instant oatmeal while sharing lunch with my students, one boy commented, "I think Miss Miller is pretending to be Goldilocks."
-One student tattling on another, "Miss Miller, Bob (name changed to protect identities) said that he loves school more than Jesus or God."

2 Comments:

At 12:37 AM, Blogger rod said...

Who knew that we've already had a black president? That's great news - I feel so much better about our country. It's terribly unfortunate that he was shot in a theatre. If only first graders wrote history.

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Stacia said...

I have nothing to say...I'm just all out of ideals.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home