Wanderings

Not all those who wander are lost -Lord of the Rings

Saturday, August 19, 2006

The drama is over- for now.

So I survived my first week of school. None of my students cried and so far nobody has decided to hate reading for the rest of their life (though there is still plenty of time left for this to happen and usually one doesn't figure these sorts of reactions out until you are sitting in your therapist's office twenty years later). That said, I think I have one of those "cushy" teaching positions- you know the ones with mostly middle class kids, minimal behavior issues, supportive colleagues, involved parents and a nurturing administrator. Should I feel guilty or just grateful?

2 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, Blogger Cowells said...

Embrace the complexities of life -- feel both guility AND grateful. (-:

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Stacia said...

oh, my. how often do we impose guilty feelings upon ourselves...enough of that! consider it a blessing. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home