Wanderings

Not all those who wander are lost -Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Mud

Every place has some facet of life which helps you "build character." In Los Angeles, it was the traffic on the freeway and finding a parking space. In Indiana, I think it may be the bitter cold of winter. In Cameroon, it is rainy season and its accompanying mud. I have not mastered the art of arriving at your destination without mud splattered on your skirt and caked on your feet; in fact, right after a heavy rain it is all I can do to stay on my feet, much to the amusement of the Cameroonian observers. Ah well- a wise woman once said, "This too shall pass."

1 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Blogger Cowells said...

Not that I would EVER want to be a stickler, but I think you might get called on the carpet if you ever get any readers from somewhere that actually experiences "bitter cold." Like, say, Montana, N. Dakota, N. Hampshire, Canada, Alaska, and Russia, to name but a few...

(-:

PS: I was so cold on our Cardinal bus on the way home from DC last week that I bought a blanket at a rest-stop. I'm going to name it AngieSue and take it on all my trips in your honor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home