Wanderings

Not all those who wander are lost -Lord of the Rings

Monday, June 19, 2006

To market, to market...

Fred took me shopping for groceries at the market this weekend. It seems as if I will be responsible for some/most of my meals in Bamenda .

Taxi ride to the market $.30

8 carrots .40

6 fresh tomatoes .40

1 huge handful fresh green beans .20

1 onion .20

1 fresh pineapple .60

Loaf of bread .20

Bag of oranges .20

Chocolate spread (like nutella but without the hazelnut) .60

Eggs .20

Green pepper free (sometimes if you buy a lot at one store they throw in some extra things- it’s called a dash)

A few splurges:

Tuna (I seriously felt a gag reflex happening when I tried buying the fresh meat with flies buzzing all around it- I think maybe week two I’ll be tougher) 1.00

Pasta (I had a craving for spaghetti this week) 2.20

Garlic powder (to make garlic bread with spaghetti) 2.00

Total grocery bill (with splurges): $8.50

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home