Wanderings

Not all those who wander are lost -Lord of the Rings

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

All is well

I woke up this morning feel refreshed after multiple nights of laying awake for hours during various portions of the night. Finally I think my body has succombed to the local sleep schedule.

A quick response to those inquiries about my back:
Traveling and lifting of my luggage turned into a non-issue really. My dad did all the lifting on the check-in side in Chicago which left me only with two small carry-ons (which I looped together and wheeled through airports for zero back stress). Upon arrival in Cameroon the Zwarts were waiting at the luggage carousel and did all of the lifting on this end. They then whisked me through customs and declared this airport pick-up a record for speed and efficiency (I believe 20 minutes from the time they parked to the time we were driving out!) In short, I feel good.

The Zwarts then insisted on hosting me in their own home for the weekend since the guest house where I was to stay was rather empty and desserted. They took me for a Saturday morning swim at the Cameroonian version of a country club and oriented me to the city. Yesterday they helped me move to the guest house which reminds me of a dorm at RBC (bunkbeds, shared bathrooms, a common kitchen...). Other people have come to stay for the week so I can interact as little or as much as I choose.

















The Zwarts- they're Dutch and just the grandparent figures that every mission board needs running their personnel department.

1 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I of course shudder at the thought of communal living; hopefully it made you jump for joy. Is it temporary? I thought you were going to have to live alone...
Andrew

 

Post a Comment

<< Home