Wanderings

Not all those who wander are lost -Lord of the Rings

Friday, July 28, 2006

It's all a matter of perspective!

Currently I am staying at this guest house in Yaounde. I stayed here my first several days in the country as well and then I remember thinking, “This is simple but adequate and clean.” Now seven weeks and many nights spent in small villages later, I marvel at the spaciousness, the immaculate floor, the concrete entrance, the nightstand and the hangers in the closet. I wish I could bottle this appreciation for the small things and take some out to sip on at home when I start to forget and become ungrateful- or maybe I could even hand it out as souvenirs!

2 Comments:

At 5:08 PM, Blogger Cowells said...

Since we're both coming home via O'Hare on the same day, maybe I'll leave notes for you all over the airport... (-:

 
At 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

te amamos mucho chica!!!..esperamos que DIOS te siga usando para cambiar vidas una a la vez, apreciamos lo que haces alla, aun cuando a veces talves pienses no haces mucho...vero dice que espera regreses con un negro...just kidding!!!...te amamos mucho. Vero y Shivy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home